- Published: Tuesday, 10 February 2015 05:10
The Ernest Duncan Award for Teaching Mathematics
The New Zealand Association of Mathematics Teachers (NZAMT) is pleased to call for applications for this award, in accordance with the Trust Deed. The awards are of monetary value and available to teachers at any New Zealand school within the meaning of the Education Act. The awards are made in recognition of an individual’s outstanding contribution to the classroom teaching of mathematics. The general (but not exclusive) criteria for selection are:
- an effective sequence or resource for teaching mathematics in primary or secondary school classes;
- a device for teaching some aspects of mathematics
- a television, video, audio-visual or other communication programme on or for teaching mathematics;
- a paper proposing or examining a method of teaching mathematics.
Applicants must indicate their contribution to the classroom teaching for mathematics and provide evidence of fulfilling the criteria.
All nominations and applications must be with NZAMT by Friday September 25th 2015.