- Published: Thursday, 13 August 2015 01:42
This award is of monetary value and available to teachers at any New Zealand school within the meaning of the Education Act. The award is made in recognition of an individual’s outstanding contribution to the classroom teaching of mathematics. The general (but not exclusive) criteria for selection are:
- an effective sequence or resource for teaching mathematics in primary or secondary school classes
- a device for teaching some aspects of mathematics
- a television, video, audio-visual or other communication programme on or for teaching mathematics
- a paper proposing or examining a method of teaching mathematics
Teachers are encouraged to apply by requesting a form from the NZAMT secretary, Francis Leslie-Ellis (firstname.lastname@example.org) or downloading from the NZAMT website:
Applicants must indicate their contribution to the classroom teaching for mathematics and provide evidence of fulfilling the criteria.
All nominations and applications must be with NZAMT by Friday September 25th 2015.