Mathsweek 2012 August 13th - 17
• Mathsweek is sponsored by the Ministry of Education and the N.Z.A.M.T. It is available to all students and teachers.
• The aims of Maths Week are to keep students interested in mathematics and to give teachers resources which they can use in the classroom.
• The resources are written to give extra emphasis on the joys of mathematics and where it is used in our society. It compliments and updates mathematics textbooks and gives teachers resources which require research which may not be readily available to them.
• Maths Week resources are available to teachers, parents and students via the www.mathsweek.org.nz web-site from Monday August 13th to August 19th.
• Hard copy for teachers Is available in PDF in the week before Maths Week this year. This includes the answers to all except the Millionaire Challenges.
• ‘Trade Me’ type auctions for prizes using Maths Week Dollars will take place for students during Maths Week. Over five hundred dollars worth of prizes are available in the auctions.
• This year the auctions will be run for students of each Year group. There will be five different sets of auctions. Each will have their own prize lists.
• Last year there were over 73 000 students and teachers who registered on the site. This year registration is much easier and will be a requirement of all who want to use the Maths Week site.
• Maths Week is for all mathematics students from Year 1 to Year 11.