NetNZ (and previously OtagoNet) has run a successful online scholarship mentoring programme for a number of years. The purpose of the Scholarship Programme is to prepare students for the NZ Scolarship exams by revising and extending students’ knowledge, skills and understanding in Scholarship subjects beyond L3 NCEA. It is an open programme, with students from schools around the country participating.......
2016 is a transition year between the old and the new systems. In 2016, students will be able to gain a Vocational Pathways Award from EITHER the existing OR the refined pathways. Some standards currently identified as Sector Related may not be recognised as such in the refined pathways. However, in 2016 we will recognise all such standards as Sector Related. So, if a standard is Sector Related in either the existing or the refined pathways, it will be awarded as Sector-Related. The Award will include all standards identified for inclusion in both the existing and refined pathways.
From 2017, only the refined pathways will be available.
Assessment information has been provided to help with this transition period. On the spreadsheet you will find standards information for the existing and refined pathways, as well as the transition year.
- Along with the release of the refined pathways the Ministry will also:
- Update and put online all guidance and pathways material
- Update the profile builder to include standards from both the existing and refined pathways, which also includes a new literacy and numeracy calculator
- Include four examples of Level 2 learning programmes in the online guidance material
- Include new information for learners and educators with regard to employability and work readiness
- Update the Frequently Asked Questions for Vocational Pathways
It is anticipated that this information will be available by the 31st August 2015.